Lately, I've been going through "Twitter Block," so I put together this list of topics to Tweet about. It's helped me, and I hope it will help you, too.
1. Promote your business. Sparingly. Sure, it's fine to Tweet about what you do, but every page shouldn't be an advertisement.
2. Reply to comments that interest you. Who knows, you might get a conversation going or even make a new friend.
3. Retweet content you would like to share with your network.
4. Link to blog posts that inspire you. The blogger doesn't need to be anybody you know, just someone whose work you admire.
5. Tweet your favorite quotations.
6. Share your personal updates, good or bad.
7. Share a list of your favorite things. "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..." Okay, so it doesn't need to be that corny, but let people get to know you a little bit.
8. Tweet industry news. One caveat here: Stay current. If your news is more than 12 hours old, it's probably already made the Twitter rounds.
9. Share a helpful tip. It doesn't matter if it's about fixing a leaky faucet or writing good dialogue.
10. Post a link to your favorite charity. Maybe others online will join or contribute.